What’s your fav summer hairstyle? Try this top know bun on short natural hair for a quick and easy protective hairstyle. If your hair is not long and fuller enough, then use some anwig clip ins to achieve the same look.
Step 1: Prepare your natural hair for this hairstyle top knot bun black hair.
Fully stretch your natural hair first. Flat twisted your natural hair and use your wig cap to stretch your hair overnight.
- It’s easier to do a top knot bun on second or third day hair rather than clean hair.
- If you have curly or textured hair, begin by blow drying your hair straight. This way, you’ll have a smooth, neat ponytail.
- If you have frizzy hair, add a small amount of gel or serum around your hairline before brushing the hair into a ponytail. Doing so will ensure your ponytail is sleek.
Step 2: Take out your flat twists and make sure your hair is detangled and not messed up top knot bun natural hair.
In order to make they move easier for this style. Take the hair of your ponytail and divide it into two equal sized sections. Add a small amount of mousse or styling cream to each section to make the hair extra smooth.
Step 3: Put your hair into a top bun and use your brush to put everything in place and make sure it is as smooth as possible.
Take one section of hair in each hand and twist them together all the way down to make them into one piece. Twisting your hair like this will make your top knot even more smooth and prevents flyaways.
This method is done most easily with longer hair.
Step 4: Clip your clip ins around your top bun and make sure that as secure as possible.
And Adding more clip ins for more fullness. Once you finish wrapping use several bobby pins the same color as your hair to pin the top knot in place, both at the top and bottom of the bun. Spray with hairspray to give the style extra hold.
Step 5: Two stands twisted your ponytail.
Don’t be too tight, so they will be bigger and puffier.
After backcombing your hair, take the comb and lightly brush the very top layer of hair in the ponytail, brushing from the base of the ponytail down to the tips of the hair.
- Comb very gently with a brush rather than a comb, which will be easier to work with on backcombed hair.
- Smoothing this very top layer of the ponytail will keep the top knot looking smooth, even if the hair in the center of the top knot is full and textured.
Step 6: Rounding your ponytail around your top bun to make the bun. And secure it using bobby pins.
ake the hair of your ponytail and wrap it clockwise around the base of the ponytail. When you reach the tips of your hair, tuck the hair underneath the hair tie.
Step 7: Using ECO style gel to slick down your edges
After you twist your hair into the top knot, pin your hair in place with several bobby pins. Use your fingers to pull the bun out if you wish to give it more volume and then spray lightly with hairspray to give it a better hold.
Pull back your hair into a high ponytail. If it helps, you can brush your hair back so that your hair is smooth and bump-free.
Remove all tangles from your hair with a brush before styling.
If you have unruly hair, start with a blowout to create a smooth ponytail.
After you have wrapped the hair around until you reach the tips, or have made a small loop if you have short hair, use a hair tie to secure the bun. If you want a fuller looking top knot, pull the bun gently with your fingers to make it bigger.
How to do a top knot bun?
- Pull your hair into a high ponytail.
- Divide your ponytail into two sections.
- Wrap each section around the other.
- Wrap your hair around the hair tie.
- Pin the top knot in place.
- It’s easier to do topknots on second or third day hair rather than clean hair with tends to be more slippery.
- Dry shampoo the night before.
- If you want a chic, messy look, keep the tips of your hair poking out of your top knot.
- If you have twist braids you want to style, a top knot bun is a relatively easy option to try
How to do a top knot bun black girl?
A Ninja Top Knot Bun
What you need
- Leave-in conditioner
- Hair oil
- Styling gel
- Hair extension
- Bobby pins
Step 1: Prep your hair
- Apply your favorite leave-in conditioner and hair oil to get started.
- Then apply your styling gel to your hair and brush thoroughly to slick it up into a top bun. Make sure your top bun sits at the crown of your head.
- Use the gel and a toothbrush to smoothen down your edges and any flyaways.
Step 2: Use any hair extension
- For this step, get any hair extension and tie an elastic band in the middle of it.
- You can also use natural hair ponytail if you prefer.
Step 3: Make the Ninja top knot bun
- Attach the hair extension to your top bun and secure it nicely.
- Split your hair extension into two and twist around your bun to get a sleek look.
- Twist both parts of the extension in one direction and don’t go over the bun from the top. Everything should go over under the bun.
- You can use attach bobby pins to your top knot bun for extra security.
- For a final look, you can spray oil to add some shine.
A Top Knot Bun with a Side Swoop Bang
What you need
- Hair cream
- Rattail comb
- Styling gel
- Bristle brush
- Elastic band or ponytail holder.
- Bobby pin
- Edge control
- A scarf
Step 1: Apply your hair cream of choice
- You can start with freshly washed hair or not. Either way, apply your favorite hair cream or grease to your hair.
- Because this is an up-do style, you may need to apply the cream to the front of your hair and your ends evenly.
Step 2: Part your hair to the side
- Using a rattail comb, part your hair to the side at the front. You can pick how deep you want your part to be.
- When you are done with that, you are going to clip away the parted section until the end.
Step 3: Put your hair into a bun
- Taking out your gel, rub some onto the front of your hair and back of your hair.
- Then, brush up your hair with the bristle brush to make sure it’s all straight and sleek!
- You can now put your hair in a nice tight bun with an elastic band or ponytail holder.
Step 4: Apply gel to the part and brush
- To make your side swoop bang, unclip the parted section.
- Apply gel generously to your part and then brush it to the side. Make sure you brush your part thoroughly and continuously until it stays that way and in that style.
- Then bobby pin your side part to the back of your head. And that’s your side swoop bang right there.
Step 5: Apply some edge control and lay your edges
- Apply edge control to your side swoop and your edges at the opposite side.
- You can apply the gel to the back of your hair and then lay your edges at the other side of the swoop.
Step 6: Sleek down your hair with a scarf or two
- You can tie a scarf over the front of your hair and another one over the back of your hair to keep it flat and laid for some minutes.
- Take off the scarves and your top knot bun with a side swoop bang is ready!
Related Tags :
Ten articles before and after